Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumping up to a 175?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumping up to a 175?

Hello there, I've done some searching on going up to a 175 but there seems to be an information gap between a 150 and a 200 shot. Just to start off I'll be getting the Racetronix fuel pump kit soon so fuel shouldn't be an issue. I just have a few simple questions...

1) How much timing should someone spraying a 175 start off with? I know you have to check the plugs just wondering where I should start checking it from. Right now I run 20*(-8 from stock) on a 150 and it's good.

2) I currently run BR7 plugs, are these fine for a 175 or would you guys recommend going to an 8?

Just for more information the whole motor is stock(besides bolt ons), has 60k miles, and this is on 93 octane.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Quick Sh0t xMLx
Hello there, I've done some searching on going up to a 175 but there seems to be an information gap between a 150 and a 200 shot. Just to start off I'll be getting the Racetronix fuel pump kit soon so fuel shouldn't be an issue. I just have a few simple questions...

1) How much timing should someone spraying a 175 start off with? I know you have to check the plugs just wondering where I should start checking it from. Right now I run 20*(-8 from stock) on a 150 and it's good.

2) I currently run BR7 plugs, are these fine for a 175 or would you guys recommend going to an 8?

Just for more information the whole motor is stock(besides bolt ons), has 60k miles, and this is on 93 octane.
I would pull 11* from NA.

When you say "It's good" what does that mean exactly? Where did the timing mark look on that tune up.

Br7's will work well on that size shot. On the 200hp is when I would consider the 8.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
I would pull 11* from NA.

When you say "It's good" what does that mean exactly? Where did the timing mark look on that tune up.

Br7's will work well on that size shot. On the 200hp is when I would consider the 8.
Oh by good I meant the timing mark on the plug was good. I couldn't tell you exactly where since the pictures were on my old HDD(and I don't know much about that lol) but from what I saw/read online it was fine. I've been meaning to do a plug run as I was running 6s the last time I checked and I bumped up to 7s about a month ago.

I'll pick up more BR7s when I pick up the 175 jets. That won't be for at least a month I just wanted to know the information beforehand. Thanks for the help, I'm sure my next thread will be me asking for some plugs to be read lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Quick Sh0t xMLx
Oh by good I meant the timing mark on the plug was good. I couldn't tell you exactly where since the pictures were on my old HDD(and I don't know much about that lol) but from what I saw/read online it was fine. I've been meaning to do a plug run as I was running 6s the last time I checked and I bumped up to 7s about a month ago.

I'll pick up more BR7s when I pick up the 175 jets. That won't be for at least a month I just wanted to know the information beforehand. Thanks for the help, I'm sure my next thread will be me asking for some plugs to be read lol.
No problem. I can help with that as well.