Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Effects of High IATs???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Effects of High IATs???

My IATs were running somewhere around 130~136* would this cause it to run rich or lean? What else woud be affected? I have since built a air box to isolate only cold air from the front of the truck to enter the intake but have data logged it to see what my new IATs are...Thanks for the help..
Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Unhappy Same issue

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
My IATs were running somewhere around 130~136* would this cause it to run rich or lean? What else woud be affected? I have since built a air box to isolate only cold air from the front of the truck to enter the intake but have data logged it to see what my new IATs are...Thanks for the help..
with my 6.0 in the 55..About the same IATS at 95* ambients.
I'm looking at the Spectre pt# 9831. It's a 6" cone filter in an alum hsg. I can plumb 1 end to the inner fender and get cooler air.
If you would, post up the new IATS when you get them.
Might you have a pic or 2 of the box???
I'm not sure what the effects are, so I'll look at the .tun file,[EFILIVE], and see how much the iats are influencing the fueling..
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Will do.. I should have the results either today or tomorrow...I'll snap a few pics of my setup... No laughing though since half of it is fabbed up and the other portion is cardboard covered in metal tape as a temporary template ...
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the air temp is real then it shouldn't be too far off, but IAT sensors typically get heat soaked and lag reality which causes a lean condition.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

I'm sure it was reading correctly because without the air box it was most likely pulling the hot air from the engine compartment because it was easier but now with the air box it can only pull from the front which should be ambient temp. I was more concerned with a rich/lean condition along with any other sort of problem that could arise.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Well it is definitely reading correctly...Today the air temps were only 3-4 degrees higher than ambient (IAT was 97*) when cruising but still spiked a bit after driving an sitting still...(To about 120-125*) but dropped quickly when I started moving again...Here's some pics of the setup before and after:

I can't get anything to upload.....WTF??

Last edited by Petraszewsky; 06-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Effects of High IATs???