Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

02 c5 Vett STS twin turbo kit swap onto V?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 c5 Vett STS twin turbo kit swap onto V?

Does anyone know much about these kits? I know they are rear mount, but I came across this kit that a friend took off his Vett and I can get it dirt cheap just courious if it would take much to install on my V.

Thanks
Tim-
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly dude, it's a couple of turbos, and pipes. If you have some sort of skill to put a bunch of pipes together, and make a change here and there, and you can get it for cheap...do it. But,..the return(CHARGE PIPES) pipes that go back forward on a VETTE, are in both driver and passenger kick panels(rocker).....you wouldn't be able to do that in a V series. You'd have to Y the exhaust somewhere near the bell housing on the V,...Y it into 1 pipe...then SPLIT it in the back again into each turbo.....the area where the other exhaust pipe would have been, but isn't now that you have Y'd everything into 1,..you'd use that area for your charge pip...also, Y'ing that into 1 or using both STS VETTE charge pipes and trying to make it all fit in that exhaust/driveshaft tunnel on a V.

So, yeah, it could probably be done but,..I hope you know what you'd be getting into. Your best bet, put the car up in the air,...and remove your exhaust system from the cats back,...and start your guess work.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should probably also cut the spare tire tub out like this:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol hope thats a joke^^^^^ worst decision ever.

I bet you have to change just about every bend in the entire vette kit to make it work. Unless it has billet turbos with low miles and you can get it for less then they cost then thats the only reason i would buy it would be to use the oiling system, turbos, wastegates etc.

Quick Reply: 02 c5 Vett STS twin turbo kit swap onto V?