General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is it tire shake or something else

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it tire shake or something else

I don't know where to post this but here goes, I have a 04 SSR it is heavy 4980 lbs., It has a built LS6 with a 122 super charger 10-13 pounds of boost, The engine was built for a blower, All the best parts, Stroker 377 shaft mount rockers, Alky spray not being used till I get the tune right as it is hard with the 90 mm TB and Lingenfelter 100 MM Mass Air Flow Sensor. I have a full pro stock Moser rear end with upper and lower adjustable BMR bars Running M&H 17 inch drag radials, Stock shocks, Lowering springs front and back, I took it to the track to get some runs in and on one of my burnouts I always hold the break till it shifts to 2nd. and then let off the break and nail it, Well something that sounded like the rear end broke and the engine reved for a micro second and killed the engine and I thought I was done but it stated and run fine no more problems that night, I marked it off as lockers do let go sometimes or one wheel was in the water?, Well the next week the last time I run it, Got there and it was hot, Went out and run 11.63 at 117 but felt like it spun just alittle, Next run it seem to hook hard and run 11.58 at 119 so I let it cool off and got ready to race and it wasn't so hot, My first run it felt like tire shake and I just run a 12.00 at 118 but the other guy pulled a red, The next run it felt like it was going to shake the truck apart and had to get off it, Drove great going home about 40 miles, I have thought rear shocks or the weather cooled and I over powered the track but then I thought of the week before and could it be something else like the tranny, I have a RPM stage 5 with a PI 3 disk lockup converter, Any ideals I might I have missed
Old 06-09-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I would say You're stock shocks are'nt stiff enough or the rear links maybe not adjusted quite right . Good luck
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks we were going to check that tomorrow and just for peace of mind pull the rear end apart and take a look at it but just can't get the others things out of my mind