General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water on Drivers side floor

Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water on Drivers side floor

Alright guys I seem to be having a problem with my camaro. It seems like everytime it rains or I wash my car, I get a puddle of water on the drivers side. Now i thought it could be the firewall or something, but it seems like water is building up underneath my carpet. I am completely lost on what this could be. I have tired researching and no one seems to have a clue as to what it can be. Also if anyone local to Chicago is good at body work and wouldnt mind taking a look I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks Alot guys!!

JacobK
Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You should start with this guide first:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Water Diagnostic Guide pt1.pdf (311.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf
Water Diagnostic Guide pt2.pdf (237.2 KB, 100 views)
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with mine, it was from the guy before me trying to run a wire through the firewall. It ended up being the little bushing around the parking brake cable. In all honesty I did the redneck thing, and instead of buying a new bushing and wire (which was 110$ from the stealership) I ended up just using expanding foam on it.

It isnt visible but doesnt look good when you do see it, and it still leaks though. So it's not the best idea on how to fix it lol.

Try and take off the plastic interior parts down there and have someone pour water on the windshield towards the driverside while you are upside down looking up there and you should have an idea of where it is coming from.

Search this Thread