Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DEPO Installation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhjohkYjUE
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know you guys pretty much know how to install these things this was for the you tubers but I thought you guys might like the vid,.....
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nice! just ordered the depo's for my car...

how's the light output at night when driving??? still see the road well, but less than stock right??

the install, it has the plug and everything on them already right? so just have to swap over my bulbs, then plug the headlight into the wiring harness and good to go...

next will be to find an all black upper front grill to replace the stock one with the chome on it, I hate that... all the other trim/molding on the car is black, and they put on a chromed front grill...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
nice! just ordered the depo's for my car...

how's the light output at night when driving??? still see the road well, but less than stock right??

the install, it has the plug and everything on them already right? so just have to swap over my bulbs, then plug the headlight into the wiring harness and good to go...

next will be to find an all black upper front grill to replace the stock one with the chome on it, I hate that... all the other trim/molding on the car is black, and they put on a chromed front grill...
Light output is identical to stock, and it is plug and play.

So easy, even YOU can do it.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

beeotch

just checkin.. cuz in that vid, the light/beam didn't look like it was as much light coming out of the headlight because of the black housing vs. the stock all chrome one which would reflect more light out...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only difference is, there isn't the glare coming out the sides from the light reflected off the plastic lens. This doesn't really have any impact on throw because the missing the glare would have been scattered at the sides.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

gotcha, cool... thx...

Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Nice!!! I'm a day or two away from getting these bad boys. I absolutely hate my halo ccfls, Pretty garbage.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Launching!

projectors were absolute garbage....switching to the stock reflectors was probably one of the best things i did, lol
Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do the cops give you problems for the blue running lights/ turn signals? That would get you pulled over in a heartbeat up here in NY...
Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

My depo lights got delivered.... Look sweet! I checked the seal where the clear plastic meets the the black backing, and they have a decent amount of the black sticky stuff around it all... So they should be sealed good and not leak

I may put a bead of the flowable silicone around that black edge/sticky stuff tho, just in case.... But I dunno, I just want to get them on the car! LOL. They look awesome...

Old 02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
My depo lights got delivered.... Look sweet! I checked the seal where the clear plastic meets the the black backing, and they have a decent amount of the black sticky stuff around it all... So they should be sealed good and not leak

I may put a bead of the flowable silicone around that black edge/sticky stuff tho, just in case.... But I dunno, I just want to get them on the car! LOL. They look awesome...
Post some pics when you're done Lew! I've been eyeing these for a while now and will probably jump on them when the car is out of storage