Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

MICHIGAN:: Anyone want to help me replace my fuel pump?? Will Pay $$

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MICHIGAN:: Anyone want to help me replace my fuel pump?? Will Pay $$

I live in Almont Mi, if anyone on here lives close and is willing to help me replace my fuel pump id be happy you pay you. Im down for doing the trap door method I just don't think I know enough to pull it off myself.

Im confident in cutting the hole, but i was confused on whether I need the hot wire kit or not, how hard that is to install; and if I have to modify where the pump sits in the tank?

Either way like I said I would pay for someone to help me or Id appreicate any help on those questions.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jack the car up high on the frame in front of the LCA mounts, drop the lower shock bolts and let the rear sag down another 3" or so, watch the rear brake lines. Then undo the 2 gas tank strap bolts and drop the tank. It's probably an evenings worth of work to change the fuel pump that way. If you get stuck post some pics online for help, I'm sure you'll get it. Remember cutting a hole with a PLASTIC tank underneath might cause you to cut the tank open or start the fuel vapors on fire.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Not sure which car you have, but watch these video's for good step by step:
http://www.lsxmovie.com/Install_Tech_Videos.html

The only problem I have with this method is that the tank should truly be flushed out of gunk, any tank over 10 yrs old can get full of debris, and when you install your new pump it will get clogged and be starved for fuel.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Dont do the flap. Just take your time and drop the tank! I went with RACETRONIX FUEL PUMP WITH UPGRADE HARNESSES /HOT WIRE KIT. It came with pretty good instructions.
Good Luck.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kornboy
Dont do the flap. Just take your time and drop the tank! I went with RACETRONIX FUEL PUMP WITH UPGRADE HARNESSES /HOT WIRE KIT. It came with pretty good instructions.
Good Luck.
^ I'm with him, I just dropped the tank, did the racetronix pump and hotwire kit.

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN:: Anyone want to help me replace my fuel pump?? Will Pay $$