Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ABS non op & ASR off after MWC 9" swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS non op & ASR off after MWC 9" swap

So I installed a MWC rear end and now I have a problem with the ABS going non op as well as traction control shutting off. The lights on the dash come on after driving for awhie and are off when I start to drive it again then back on again as I drive for a bit. I started having the ASR light come on before the the rear end swap. It wouldnt stay on it would usually come on with and incline or decline and it satrted about a month ago. It started to do it more often as days went by. I'm starting to feel maybe it has to do with the gear change, I went from 2.73's to 3.73's. I'm going to bleed the brakes again, I'm thinking I should do all 4 corners this time. Maybe I have air in the lines. I did some research on here, but found slight differences like the brake light also being on, severed wires, loose connections and I don't have any of those unless I over looked it, but its not they are going on & off randomly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ABJ88
So I installed a MWC rear end and now I have a problem with the ABS going non op as well as traction control shutting off. The lights on the dash come on after driving for awhie and are off when I start to drive it again then back on again as I drive for a bit. I started having the ASR light come on before the the rear end swap. It wouldnt stay on it would usually come on with and incline or decline and it satrted about a month ago. It started to do it more often as days went by. I'm starting to feel maybe it has to do with the gear change, I went from 2.73's to 3.73's. I'm going to bleed the brakes again, I'm thinking I should do all 4 corners this time. Maybe I have air in the lines. I did some research on here, but found slight differences like the brake light also being on, severed wires, loose connections and I don't have any of those unless I over looked it, but its not they are going on & off randomly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I started having the ASR light come on before the the rear end swap.
You mentioned to be having some issues before the swap, did you ever have it scanned to see what was causing the issue? To answer one question though, a gear change can alter the system from working properly.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered an abs scan tool, every shop around here seems to tell me only the dealership can help hopefully this will help.