Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3L/TKO 500 into 67 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3L/TKO 500 into 67 Chevelle

This is for any body doing a LS swap into an A body. I am in the process of swapping a 5.3 into my 67 Chevelle. I am using the holley/hooker kit. I order the mounting plates and oil pan from summit. They had them in stock so I got them the next day. I used the brackets (part # 12611) that place the engine in the factory location. After swapping in the new pan and the short & wide motor mounts the engine went in without a hitch. Set the car on the ground and I was hitting the oil pan with the grease fittings on the tire rod. So a little more wrench turning and a second set of plates between the motor mounts and the brackets and I amin the clear. BTW I had to cut a BIG hole in the floor to get the TKO in. But it is not a numbers matching car so I am not worried. I only list this because I haven't seen too many people on here using the hooker/holley set up.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Good info thanks for sharing.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using the same and had to do the same. You'll have a little more creativity coming if you use the hooker headers too, but at least you won't have ground clearance issues!

Post some pics of the install when you get a chance!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Same issue with the grease fittings here (72 Olds 442), I ended up putting an allen screw in them. Just wishing I would have drilled/tapped the tie rod end in a different spot when I had them out.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Teching In

NOS327 so you are saying the hooker headers won't be an easy fit? I wasn't counting on it anyway. Plus with that price tag I am not real sure I will go that route anyway. I may go the same route as "ls1 chevelle" and modify the factory exhaust manifolds. With that level of modification I will have no fitment problems left or right. What did you do about accesories? I see from your pic you are on the track. I am looking more for cruising comfort and plan on running the AC and PS. I will get pics in the next day or two.

Quick Reply: 5.3L/TKO 500 into 67 Chevelle