General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

electrical issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issues...

So I started to car today and everything was running fine. But I happened to notice my voltage guage was shaking slightly back and forth... turned on my dash and it was surging. Not clicking on and off but more like loosing power for a split second over and over. Then I checked my interior lights... and they were doing the same thing. So I turned my car off and turned the key over without the engine running, and the dash, voltage, and interior lights were fine... and were not "surging". So when my engine is on everything electrical seems to do this. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked for any loose battery connections, and I pray my alternator isn't going out. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, anyone? I had the alternator checked out and it passed. Maybe there's a loose ground somewhere?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have experienced this problem with a loose ground behind the head. Try grounding the PCM underhood using a jumper cable, and see if it goes haywire. If it settles down, fix the grounds behind the intake. Also check for proper grounds at the post behind the battery on the inner fender, to start with.