Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

'97+ console in my '93

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default '97+ console in my '93

I've got the console in already - looks great but I have two issues

1) I removed the cig lighter to mount my satellite radio but I'd still like to have power going to the power outlet by the e-brake. The connectors are completely different. Is there some type of adapter or can I purchase the power outlet's harness and splice it into the existing wire?

2) at the front edge of the console base, there are two tabs with a hole in them that looks like it needs to either be bolted or clipped onto something... do the '97+ dashes have something at that spot or is there a missing piece I can buy to fill that small gap. You can barely see it but I'd still like to make it look better if possible

TIA
Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the difference between the 97+ and earlier center consoles/ dashes. I was thinking about replacing mine, but didn't even think about swapping it out with a newer one.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevbon
Whats the difference between the 97+ and earlier center consoles/ dashes. I was thinking about replacing mine, but didn't even think about swapping it out with a newer one.
The newer ones have better cup holder and also have another cup holder on the side. There is also a extra power outlet.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
I've got the console in already - looks great but I have two issues

1) I removed the cig lighter to mount my satellite radio but I'd still like to have power going to the power outlet by the e-brake. The connectors are completely different. Is there some type of adapter or can I purchase the power outlet's harness and splice it into the existing wire?

2) at the front edge of the console base, there are two tabs with a hole in them that looks like it needs to either be bolted or clipped onto something... do the '97+ dashes have something at that spot or is there a missing piece I can buy to fill that small gap. You can barely see it but I'd still like to make it look better if possible

TIA

1. Yes, thats the way it is on the 93. I got mine from a wrecked car, both out lets work on mine that way.

2. I did nothing with them and left them be. I have had both M6 and an A4 console.