Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0101 Code - MAF Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default P0101 Code - MAF Question

Hello All,

My current tune on the street is a N2O tune (150 shot). I recently participated in a track day at Road Atlanta and ran N/A all day. At the end of my last session, I threw a P0101 code and was noticeably down on power. I finished that lap and called it a day at that point.

Upon returning home, I read the code with my scanner and cleared it out. The check engine light hasn't returned since I cleared everything out however the car still seems to be a bit underpowered. Am I stuck in some low power mode? If so, what can I do to get it to revert back to my standard N2O tune?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can try a few things. Check connections. Look @ MAF resistor wires. Clean MAF resistor wires. After, start car & tap MAF w/ fingers, if the car stumbles or the running engine RPM changes, the MAF is bad; replace.

Is the N20 wet or dry? Car may be running in N20 condition (reduced timing) while not using N20; under NA condition. Same could be said for possibly adding fuel in NA thinking it's N20. Generally, could happen if wet, but, may also occur if bad MAF. What are your STFT fuel trims doing @ idle? Where is your timing @ idle? What does it do up to say 2200 RPM in neutral? Drive & log timing @ WOT from 3K to 4.5K. What is it?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Can try a few things. Check connections. Look @ MAF resistor wires. Clean MAF resistor wires. After, start car & tap MAF w/ fingers, if the car stumbles or the running engine RPM changes, the MAF is bad; replace.

Is the N20 wet or dry? Car may be running in N20 condition (reduced timing) while not using N20; under NA condition. Same could be said for possibly adding fuel in NA thinking it's N20. Generally, could happen if wet, but, may also occur if bad MAF. What are your STFT fuel trims doing @ idle? Where is your timing @ idle? What does it do up to say 2200 RPM in neutral? Drive & log timing @ WOT from 3K to 4.5K. What is it?
Thanks for your post above. The kit is a NX wet kit that runs through the MAF. Haven't tried spraying since this issue started because I wanted to be sure everything was in order first.

I can try to self diagnose however please forgive my ignorance (I'm starting from scratch from a knowledge standpoint).

I purchased MAF cleaner and will clean it up tonight. When you mention to "tap the MAF with my fingers" are you talking about tapping it anywhere while the car is running or should I actually touch the thin wires?

If that doesn't indicate the MAF is bad I'll explore how to determine the answers to your other questions above. Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not touch or tap on the resistor wires. Just tap the outside of the MAF housing while running. Be careful while cleaning resistor wires. A gentle touch w/ cleaner on a q-tip works well. If that doesn't improve anything, just log the other stuff on your scanner or have someone watch the scanner while u drive & note the conditions near the engine speeds listed. Am just checking to see if it's running on the N20 tune while NA & these readings will let us know.

Quick Reply: P0101 Code - MAF Question