Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-29-2016, 05:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

no dash lights in 2000 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no dash lights in 2000 Trans Am

Hello Ls1Tech,

I have a 2000 Trans Am WS6, as of lately the only light that comes on inside my car when i have the headlights on is the Odometer(mileage light), nothing else, a few bulbs are burnt out I believe but I get no lights on my speedometer, radio buttons, or headlight toggle ****(thats been out for a bit actually), i notice that when I arm the alarm though the lights will flash on and off like normal. I looked in the fuse box on the side of the dashboard and checked all relative ones but it does not appear that any of them are busted. Any ideas or past experiences? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New car to you? Or did this happen of a sudden. I vote for a loose or shorted wire or a blown fuse that you have not seen yet. Check in dash and engine bay. I have not looked at my car in a while and I would say never assume anything. Check them all.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. Ive had this car brand new since 2011, one day on my way to work i heard a flick sound the dash lights were off. Headlights work fine. Ill check all fuses and see if any are busted. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Teching In

That flick sound was most likely a fuse blowing.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Teching In

er i meant brand new since 2000, sorry. Ill check some more fuses, thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Teching In

ahh. sorry for the late response on this but the issue was resolved. I noticed that a while after my dash lights didnt work anymore that the rear lights were not working anymore even when headlights turned on. I looked in the underdash fuse box and found the fuse for rear lights was blown. I replaced and it resolved the dash lights being out too. So there was some sort of fuse dependency goin on there.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DolamiteWS6
ahh. sorry for the late response on this but the issue was resolved. I noticed that a while after my dash lights didnt work anymore that the rear lights were not working anymore even when headlights turned on. I looked in the underdash fuse box and found the fuse for rear lights was blown. I replaced and it resolved the dash lights being out too. So there was some sort of fuse dependency goin on there.
May I ask, which underdash fuse box?
I know about the one on the side of the dash. But was unaware that there was another fuse panel box 'under the dash'.
Where is it exactly?
I have a similar issue that was posted months ago & didn't get a single response.

*goin' out to the garage to look under the dash now, ...*
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Teching In

nah, i meant the side dash
Old 10-08-2011, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Glad you got it fixed

I was gonna say it could be a ground wire... lol. I had that happen in my S10 one time and it was a ground that came loose under the dash.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DolamiteWS6
Hello Ls1Tech,

I have a 2000 Trans Am WS6, as of lately the only light that comes on inside my car when i have the headlights on is the Odometer(mileage light), nothing else, a few bulbs are burnt out I believe but I get no lights on my speedometer, radio buttons, or headlight toggle ****(thats been out for a bit actually), i notice that when I arm the alarm though the lights will flash on and off like normal. I looked in the fuse box on the side of the dashboard and checked all relative ones but it does not appear that any of them are busted. Any ideas or past experiences? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
did you find a fix for this. i just had this happen to me and tried all the fuses I could find with no fix.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (07-27-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

His fix is in post # 6. I doubt he's still watching this thread 9 years later.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (07-29-2020)

Quick Reply: no dash lights in 2000 Trans Am