Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red97WS6 wont start turn key battery related things go on and then silencefrom engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red97WS6 wont start turn key battery related things go on and then silencefrom engine

97 WS6 A4 75,000 miles on it. this has been reoccurring since about a month after i got the car. i turn the key all things battery related turn on but the engine doesnt start. doesnt even crank or try to start no clicking no turn over no cranking nothing. SILENCE! already replaced opti spark and distributor cap and rotor and water pump then replaced coil pack. What now???? what is the deal!! iam so frustrated right now. Also it doesnt happen al the time it happens off and on. other times itll start right up. Also i've found if i hold the key turned it outtta no where it will suddenly start up. it's as if sometimes it gets the spark and boom it starts and other times silence. also recently very recently did oil change to all synthetic but the problem was before that so thats got nothing to do with it. Also this may be a separate or related problem who knows but in DRIVE at highway crusing speed 55-70 and rpm range just to maintain that speed 1500-2500 the engine misfires and if i dont rev it up to 3000 rpm the check engine light will come on and comes back with P0300 the multiple misfires code . this light goes away if i dont have it at that exact speed and rpm range for a few hours. i've noticed that if i put it in 3rd gear right below drive it does not do this and it resolves the problem at that speed and rpm range . its like a different car in 3rd like a car thats added 20-30 horsedpower but of course you cant go over say 70 or so in 3rd. but again like i said the misfire studdering hesitation problem at 55-70 and 1500-2500 rpm is NOT the if in 3rd instead of D (drive). can anyone help me out here?? i havent had the wires and plugs changed and not sure if they are OE or been replaced once.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong section bro..

Sounds like you still are having some opti issues. lolopti

Also sounds like you are having a vats issue with the start ups.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bro much appreciated