General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

air fuel spark

Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default air fuel spark

I have air, fuel, spark but still no start. This car is starting to really starting to **** me off. Does anybody have any real ideas?? It should be starting but isn't.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well, air is actually something you always have....AT LEAST FOR THE INITIAL FEW SECONDS OF THE START.

So you may think you have the other two.....but you don't.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

Or maybe a ton of water in the fuel line.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

I do have fuel and spark, you can check the plugs and they are wet with gas, you can hold a spark plug wire off and watch the spark. The fuel is new, there is no water in the system.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rwb
I do have fuel and spark, you can check the plugs and they are wet with gas, you can hold a spark plug wire off and watch the spark. The fuel is new, there is no water in the system.
I would pull the rails off with the fuel injectors still installed to check if they are shooting fuel in properly. I think you can check them that way......???

Because if you are SURE that you have fuel and spark.......all you have to do is open the throttle blade fully open one time.....THEN turn the key. It WILL start up for a few seconds. Air always gets into the intake unless you have a rag stuck in there. So don't worry about air. The problem MUST be with fuel and/or spark.

Last edited by LS6427; 06-15-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

You can't check the injectors that way. These cars run 58psi of fuel pressure and without clamping them down on the manifold they would pop out of the fuel rails. I have checked everything that I can think of and it still won't start. What I am thinking is that maybe my timing has somehow shifted and now doesn't spark at the correct time. Other than that I am out of ideas.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rwb
You can't check the injectors that way. These cars run 58psi of fuel pressure and without clamping them down on the manifold they would pop out of the fuel rails. I have checked everything that I can think of and it still won't start. What I am thinking is that maybe my timing has somehow shifted and now doesn't spark at the correct time. Other than that I am out of ideas.
I have heard of "crank triggers" breaking.....that would change the timing.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

With less than 17000 miles I doubt that is the problem.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rwb
With less than 17000 miles I doubt that is the problem.
OK then....well here's the deal.

There is no possible way that if your timing is CORRECT and you are getting fuel and spark......that the engine cannot turn-over and start, then running for a few seconds......FACT. And thats with a 100% closed TB and IAC valve. Enough air gets by the TB just sitting closed.....its not a sealed off system like a space suit.

So....your timing could be WAY the **** off where maybe the spark is happening when the piston is NOT nearing or at TDC. If thats happening....you will never start. But raw fuel will be everywhere.

STOP looking at an air issue.......its a spark or fueling issue. Maybe the injectors aren't firing properly. I've been told that if ANY of the fuel injectors on one bank are acti9ng up "electrically".....all 4 of them will not work.

Search this Thread