LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

tapshift issues anyone?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tapshift issues anyone?

Curious anyone ever experience tapshifter lag issues when downshifting? I know there is always a slight delay between when you hit the paddle and when it actually shifts but whats been happening lately is going from 2nd to 1st around 25 + as if I were engine braking there is a serious 1-2 second pause where the car RPMs go flat as if it's out of gear then it SLAMS into gear and the RPMs jump like they should.

Trans has LESS than 3,000 miles on it and it's recently been tuned, didn't happen before the tune, wondering if anyone has experienced this.

The scary thing is the 1st trans went at 63k, it had similar tapshift issues but eventually on downshifts it would STAY out of gear completely when downshifting with my foot off the gas.

I'm wondering if there is something weird going on with the wiring, some sort of intermittent wiring issue. Doesn't do it when going from 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

down shifting to first is and issue when I'm off the gas. it shift just lags a bi
Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea mine dose it hope i can get it warranted
Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Lags a bit but doesn't drop out of gear completely I assume right? When I go from 2nd - 1st the RPMS drop and then the car slams into 1st 2 seconds later and the RPMs surge like they should in 1st at 30MPH. A delay is one thing but a delay while out of gear is another. If I were to do this enough I'm pretty sure it would be catastrophic to the transmission.

Search this Thread