Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Floridian(with no a/c) having window issues!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floridian(with no a/c) having window issues!

So yesterday, the driver side window of my '95 Z28 decided to not roll down. Power windows. The last time I was able to roll it down, it had a knocking sound on it's way down. On the way up, it did about the same I believe, and only went about 75% up. I went to roll it back down, and all that happened was what I believe to be it's motor wining and the forward half of the window wanting to roll down. The rear of the window where the track is wouldn't budge. Today, I went out, only able to use the passenger side window, and it worked fine until I got home. I went to roll it up, and nothing. There was no motor wine on this side and there was the knocking sound. I really know nothing about power windows and my buddy who says he does thinks the regulators are bad, but is that really the case if they BOTH went out within 24 hours after never having a problem for years? I replaced the fuse and still nothing.
One possibility I thought of was: Could the driver side window have gone off the track or got jammed, and it caused the fuse to blow trying to push too hard? And that caused the other window to go, too?
I'd hate to have to replace anything major due to a financial squeeze at the moment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.