Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

A most regrettable test pilot tale

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A most regrettable test pilot tale

Anybody ever encountered a test pilot quite like this character?

Trying to sell my 06 STS-V and this guy shows up in a '98 Camaro SS (heavily modded with stick). As soon as I make mention of his exhaust note he starts to tell me about how he's a member of some Camaro citizens advisory group with GM and that he's quite the veteran road racer. He even pulls out a photo album from his car to show me pics of him with his Camaro group and of him road racing!

I figure okay, the guy's obviously an ego tripper but I'll ignore that and focus on the fact that he's apparently interested in the car even though there were other used STS-V's on dealers lots for less money and fewer miles.

Without asking any pertinent questions about the car he asks to go for a drive.
While on the drive this character can't stop talking about how great the second generation CTS-V's are and how great they must be with a stick! He then proceeds to tell me while still driving the car how he really doesn't like automatic cars ( the STS-V only came with auto). As he continues to drive he criticizes the brakes as not being "very good", the steering wheel as not being centered and then informs me how bad the rear ends are on the STS-Vs!

Some may think this character made mention of these items in an effort to get the price lowered, but no, the car's price or history were never discussed. It was blatantly obvious that this individual had zero interest in the car other than using it for his own test pilot purpose and in the process wasting my time and gas!

The capper to this tale comes a few months later when this test pilot somehow figures I'm his buddy and e-mails me 88 photo bucket pics of him inside the Lansing plant watching his CTS-V being built and then later is seen to write that he likes to think of his V as a "him" rather than a "her"!

Apparently putting, " NO TEST PILOTS PLEASE!" in your ad doesn't mean a thing these days..

Word to the wise, be aware of self serving schmucks, like this jerk