Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 A body FI gas tanks by Quantra ?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 68 A body FI gas tanks by Quantra ?

Has anybody purchased a Fuel Injected gas tank by Qunatra LLC from gastanks.com for their 67,68,69 A body. I am Searching around for one and they are a bit pricey. I called Ricks which is owned by Ecklers now and they are on back order for about a month.

Good or bad with either Tank? Any in put?

Has anybody used a external pump with a corvette FPR with their stock tank and just added a return line to it. I have heard of a return line that connects where the tank meets with the fuel inlet or Filler tube. would there be a problem with doing this?

Long live the LSX

Larry
Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Nobody...
Old 06-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Spectra makes a fuel tank with the correct pump in the tank check it out.. I have found them for about 355 on amazon.com
Old 06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered one from Ricks or is it Ecklers now? They are on back order. Approx 2 to 3 weeks wait time. No body seems to have these tanks in stock. I did not want to use the Spectra brand, I have read a few bad post about their tanks. I purchased a spectra fuel pressure regulator from pep boys and after installation I started the motor and fuel came flowing out the center of it in about 2 min. Good thing I let it run a while. That could have got ugly. Pep boys took it back with no problems. People here on Forum seem to like the ricks fuel tanks.

Nobody has modded their stock tank with a return line and used a external fuel pump?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by IntercooledC6
I ordered one from Ricks or is it Ecklers now? They are on back order. Approx 2 to 3 weeks wait time. No body seems to have these tanks in stock. I did not want to use the Spectra brand, I have read a few bad post about their tanks. I purchased a spectra fuel pressure regulator from pep boys and after installation I started the motor and fuel came flowing out the center of it in about 2 min. Good thing I let it run a while. That could have got ugly. Pep boys took it back with no problems. People here on Forum seem to like the ricks fuel tanks.

Nobody has modded their stock tank with a return line and used a external fuel pump?
I had not read that.. hmm I added the competion sump to my tank from summit and the holley EXT pump with corvette reg/filter on my chevelle.. We have now done 2 others with the Holley pump and the corvette reg/filter with no problems.. there is a company called Tank inc. that make a mod kit for the tanks that will put a pump inside the tank.. might check it out..

Search this Thread