Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Parking brake light wire location

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parking brake light wire location

I need to know where and what color wire is used for the handbrake light in the dash, I have a stereo that can view pics and videos but won't let me since I left the parking brake wire on the stereo un hooked, its safety feature keeps saying "Video mode not available while vehicle is in motion" so any help is greatly appreciated.- Travis.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to your e-brake, you will see the wire on a tab. This is the wire you want to grab.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by bmnicolosi
If you go to your e-brake, you will see the wire on a tab. This is the wire you want to grab.
Hi, I have the same question but what is "e-brake" please? additionally, although I do not intend to what a DVD whilst driving, is there another wire the headunit can connect to instead of the break?

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The "e-brake" is a common term for "emergency brake" better known as the parking brake or sometimes the hand brake. The wire you're looking for is light blue and located under the center console going to the switch at the base of the parking brake lever. It is quite easy to access there.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM

Many thanks again Whitebird, have you ever considered becoming a consultant!! I am well versed in striping down interior panels on my car and can handle most basic tasks. But sometimes it is the lack of 'obvious' info that stumps me! I have the service manual for the 99 model but just could not find which colour wire the brake was, so again most grateful for your help.

Guess I am in the garage again this morning!

Quick Reply: Parking brake light wire location