LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installing LS1 (bosch III style) injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installing LS1 (bosch III style) injectors

Guys,

I have a set of FAST 42# injectors installed on my LT1 and I'm afraid they are seated wrong in the intake. I replace my SVO's with these and since I can't use the rail clips I'm not sure how they should seat. Here are a couple of pics as you can see one is flush with the intake and I can see a little of the rubber oring on the rail side and the other is fully seated in the rail and protrudes about 1/4 an inch on the intake side. Which one is correct for these injectors? Also, would them being too far out of the intake would I have any issues with performance as I've been getting some false knock and I don't know where it is coming from.

Fully Seated (intake):

Fully Seated (fuel rail):

Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would slide that one down a bit. It shouldn't affect it either way as long as you have a good seal. I've run a couple of different sets of gen III injectors and the height difference worried me everytime I installed them, but I never had a problem with them. The false knock is probably unrelated to the height.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the knock is really weird and doesn't really start until I've been driving the car for about 10-15 mins. I can't tell it knocking at all but while I am logging it with datamaster I can see it randomly detecting know with or without WOT and pulling 4-5 deg timing. It will then go back to normal and zero knocks for a couple of mins and back to square one. What is the proper reading OHM on a knock sensor to determine if it's bad?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html

33-4500 ohms

Quick Reply: Installing LS1 (bosch III style) injectors