Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New!! and would like some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New!! and would like some advice.

Hi, I just bought an 05 V. I have already installed cs rear diff bushing (world of difference).It has magna flow high flow cats and exh. I want to put headers on but don't want to buy new exhaust. Will I be able to do that? Since the lt headers will be longer than the stock manifold. Also what do you guys recommend for headers kooks or obx? (Taking the price difference into consideration). Lastly I've seen a lot is people getting the cs engine and transmission mounts, I have no problems now but are they still worth getting?

Thanks a lot for the advice
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the obx headers. You can still use stock exhaust, you just need to cut about a foot off of it and clamp the resonator onto where you cut it.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Teching In

How do you like Them? The exhaust is not stock its magna flow with an x pipe, will it still work?
Thanks.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If its 2.5 inch, and bolts right up to the stock manifold, I see no reason why it wouldn't work the same way.

And honestly, the only regret about headers that I have, is that I didn't do them sooner.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Teching In

Nice!! Ill order them this weekend some time
Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can reuse your high flow cats. The connector pipes that come with the OBX headers have either resonators or high flow cats. The set with resonators is significantly cheaper and you can cut those out and weld in the cats you already have. Or if you don't want to do all that cutting and rewelding (or pay to have it done), you could just buy the set with high flow cats already in it and sell the setup you currently have. I believe the OBX set with high flow cats is around $700 shipped.

Quick Reply: New!! and would like some advice.