Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help returning GI

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help returning GI

I am returning after a 1 year deployment in iraq. i have 8000 dollars to spend i have a 2002 collector TA it has hooker long tubes true duals, lid and filter, 4.10s in stock 10 bolt, 6 speed The mods i want to make are as follows 12 bolt with 410s, sphon torque arm, Qa1s, spec stage 3 clutch, thunder racings t rex cam package, maf ends ported throttle body,NX NXL kit with the 120 or the 180 shot jets and a roll cage. Will this get me into the 10s or do i need heads also any info would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can get into the 10's, but your gonna need a little more. Make sure you get a set of relocation brackets for your 12 bolt (Spohn). You might want to consider also investing in a good set of lower control arms, panhard bar, ET Streets/Hoosier QTP's, and a good drag racing rear sway bar (WolfeRacecraft rock!) Be sure to get a bigger intank fuel pump (255lph) and a hotwire kit. Don't forget a good set of headers, some cutouts as nitrous LOVES a free flowing exhaust.

You can probley hit 10's without everything I mentioned, but a few things will have to be added. Think in term of traction first, then power second. All the power in the world will be wasted on a car that won't hook it up to the track.

Welcome back to the states, and thank you for kicking Saddam's ***!! Booyah!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:50 PM
8 Second Club

here's what it took for me to run my 10.75:
older heads cam package...about 400 rwhp (a little less now due to a change in nitrous systems and setup for a large shot)
hooker lt's
ory, cutout
12 bolt, 4.10's
cartek clutch
28 inch et drags
bmr torque arm
subframe connectors
6 pt cage (to pass tech)
NX wet kit, single nozzle jetted for a 150 hit
warlboro 340 pump

You can easily do it with a cam. If your car is as heavy as mine, you'll need about a 125-126 trap to run in the 10's. I went 10.8 @ 126 as well.

Good luck!
Conrad
Old 02-27-2004, 01:51 PM
8 Second Club

btw - watch out with that NXL system, you might wanna look into it before you buy it. I looked into it and eventually decided on the NOS noszle system.

You could easily get away with a NX single nozzle or a TNT kit to do what you want.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Hey thanks for the feed back and beleive me it was my pleasure to kick some Iraqi ***.

If i get the fuel accumulator i thought the NXL kit was the **** any info?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:52 AM
8 Second Club

the problem with the nxl kit is that it just runs off the stock fuel system. so a search on this system, there is plenty of info on it along with some complaints from a bunch of people about low hp numbers. someone else can correct me if im wrong in all this but if you're only going to spray up to a 150 shot (i mean, you could go more i guess but i don think you'll need to to break 10's), i'm not seeing why people need the NXL kit when you can just buy a cheaper single nozzle system and make the same (or more) power and run the same (or better) times.....

thats why i went with the noszle system over the NXL. I built a stand alone fuel low pressure fuel system for it and hit the stock bottom end with a 260 shot (kids, dont try this at home....i'll be backing down to around 200-210 or so for the track to keep it in one peice). I'm not sure if the stock fuel system with a walboro 340 could supply the fuel needed to run these large shots....and i wasn't about to be the first to find out!

any more questions, just lemme know

Conrad