Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

can someone make me a list of everything i need to do a suspention overall

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone make me a list of everything i need to do a suspention overall

looking to completley redo the suspention on my car only thing is has now are lowering springs. Shocks seem to be ok but can prolly use an upgrade. Car is just a cruiser doesnt see track time. Just looking to see if someone could make me a list of everything i need thanks guys
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-tech-faq.html

Always check the stickies if you can...

SuspenSion
Old 06-20-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Koni shocks.
Subframe connectors.
if you want some more grip on corners and such for handling 35mm front sway bar and 22mm rear.

You could rebuild the front end w/ poly. Just don't change the rear lower control arm bushing.

You could also change your rear lower control arms.

The jury is out on if wether or not shock tower braces work...but im starting to think I dont see how it can hurt.

An alignment.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple stuff first. End links, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints.

Basic stuff next. Shocks (Bilstiens for a cruiser would be more than adequate), rear lower control arms, adjustable panhard rod, bits that go with the shocks (coil spring insulators, strut mounts if yours are trashed).

Moderate stuff after that. Rear LCA relocation brackets, torque arm and relocation bracket, sway bars (may come with end links and bushings). Front lower control arms, new bushings and ball joints for the upper control arms (not really worth the price for aftermarket uppers).

Subframe connectors are up to you. With good shocks and springs, they shouldn't be necessary. Strut tower braces don't do anything - the only reason I have one is because I'm short, and it gives me a solid point to lean on when working in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: can someone make me a list of everything i need to do a suspention overall