Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longtube header after thoughts

Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longtube header after thoughts

i just installed a set of pacesetter longtube headers and 3" ORY on my 1999 z28 M6 and the install went off with out a hitch.

i was prepared for the check engine light seeing as how i removed the emissions equipment.

i read the check engine light just to see what all was through codes after the install and i was greeted by the EGR and the rear O2 sensors as expected, but what i was concerned about is the lean condition for banks 1 and 2.

when i did the install i check my plugs and they didn't show any sign of something being up.

i thought that if anything i would be running rich like most people around here have said.

along with that as i was driving more today that sometimes the y-pipe hits the bottom of the car driving around town. can i just put some heater house between it and the bottom of the car. or is there something else?

if anyone could chime in with thoughts or ideas that would be great.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Heater hose works, or like everyone will say, install some prothane or any other brand polyurethane motor mounts, and make sure the y-pipe is adjusted with enough clearance. I think there is a write up somewhere using 3 inch hose clamps with heater hose wrapped around the pipe.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Teching In

so i got the banging of the y-pipe fixed with some high heat silicon and heater hose.

any ideas on the lean conditions?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have it tuned.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tune should take care of all of that.

Search this Thread