General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight strangeness...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight strangeness...

Hi all, I was having the typical gear grinding issue that i have seen discussed here. I was gonna take it apart and spin the gear but when i went to do it, suddenly it is working fine, no grinding...so i say no ****, cool and go buy a new fuse for the one i lost taking it out of the side that was grinding. I put in fuse, check lights and grrrrrrrind again. F*(&$(CK me i think. Now it gets wierder, i stop at a store and hit the lock button on my car and both headlights flip up, go down and grrrrrrind. WTF!! This is the first time that has happened...what would make that? Is it a wiring issue, not the gear as i first thought? Why would the grinding go away and come back with more mysteries? Anyone been thru this or heard of it before? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks
Ford
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Teching In

update. Now i pull the fuse out of the grinding headlight and the passenger side one still is doing the flip up thing when i hit the lock. I pull that fuse and replace it with the old one and it goes away and all is normal. I put the fuse back in when dark hit and it is no longer doing the flip up and down on lock/unlock...but now the blinkers are blinking reeeaaalll slow and pulsy....they were fine until last nite...what the heck is going on with this thing all of a sudden? Anyone have anything like this happen at all?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

read the sticky about firebird lights, you will learn A LOT. I know i did
Old 10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Ok so the madness continues. I fixed the headlight motor, replaced all the burned out bulbs but i still have no turn signals. The four way flashers work, but not the turn signals. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Turn signal flasher