General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water in foor HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in foor HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so there's water in my passenger side front and rear floors it's not the heater core it's clear and has no smell I read all the other threads about the a/c drain so I took some wire poked it around in there and blew air in it and only like 3 drops come out there's a little puddle like 3" big on there ground from the a\c I pretty sure the problem is from the a\c cause It didn't start doin this till I started using my a\c I just cant figure it out it builds up a lot of water fast like the whole rear floor fills up and has about a 1 1/2" of standing water in the floorboard any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure why this is in the Appearance Section, lol, but...

Mine was just doing this. Run the A/C for awhile, pop the hood and look at your dryer, is it frozen?

Mine would look like snow or a block of ice after a long trip. It would then thaw and puddle in the passenger floor. A freon leak was causing it all...
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pull the carpet, pop the drain plug in the floor. Dry your carpet ASAP, you may have to remove some of the insulation on the back.

As for the leak, I would close the doors, roll up the window and spray hard water all over that section, windshield, cowl, door, t top / roof. Make sure its not a water leak from the outside.

Go from there. Also you may want to post this in the General Repair Mat. section.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry wasn't paying attention where I posted it how do I move it?

The dryer is not frozen it has dig drops of water on it it but no where near freezing and it's not coming from outside hasn't rained for 3 weeks