Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC clutch figured out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC clutch figured out!

I jumped on this forum to get some information out that i have found working on my buddies 99 z28 camaro.

Started with a simple clutch install that turned into gobbs of research anyways here we go.

1) 99 camaro bolt ons stock clutch everything works great clutch wise just started slipping slowly at the track. Time for clutch upgrade!
2) ordered a spec +2 kit online complete with flywheel that came with kit<<

3) install clutch just like anyother clutch easy enough

4)begin the nightmare bleeding session which is boggus and not as hard as everyone makes it sound mostly coming from the PROBLEM in the first place.

5) start engine --can barley get into reverse and 1st gear

6) bleed clutch more use mighty vac. <<STUPID you dont need it

7) Same exact problem .........

So after lots of hear this hear that on forums and about 50 unsuccessful installs i called spec and talked to their tech. Sent me specs for their clearances and i got .260. NOT .175-.250 and that makes sense that is wont disengage.

I realize there was a updated part in 2001 so i got a brand new master and slave to eliminate any other problems and ill be shimming it up that much more.

SPEC. sends a shim with their kit i called before install and asked if it was needed " yes you need it it provides clearance for application" ......

Anyways take it as you will measure your $hit before you put it in guys. I will say SPEC.'s tech guy is great and helpful and been helping me even emailed me. Also their you tube video is great LS clutch something on you tube makes it EASY for guys like me. I like EASY like coloring book spelled out not like this clutch install went.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the appreciation! We do our best to help folks and it has been a pleasure to speak with you via email and over the phone. Let us know if you need anything else.