Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Autotrix kit for drivers side

Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotrix kit for drivers side

Ok...WTF! Autotrix sells the window motor repair kit that fixes the passengers side motor because supposedly the problem is that the routing of the wiring that delivers the power to the rt motor goes through the drivers switch first, thus losing voltage when it reached the right motor...causing premature burnout. If that's the case the why are the drivers side motors taking a **** too? I have replaced the drivers side motor on my 1999 SS once already a couple years ago and it has to be done again...this car is hardly driven and only has 30k miles. I replaced the passenger side a couple months ago.

Now my 1998 Z28's driver side motor is acting up. I don't understand if the wire routing is the cause of passenger side motor failure then why is the driver side going bad too? Is there a fix for the drivers side?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

autotrix does sell a drivers side kit...........are you getting a quality motor or a crappo chinese ****?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I replaced the motor with the NEW DORMAN unit, not the remaned one.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe the tracks on the regulator need to be cleaned and regreased. They get pretty dirty and it could cause the motor to work harder to get the window up or down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autotrix kit for drivers side