Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me make a decision about my magnaflow catback.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Help me make a decision about my magnaflow catback.

So I purchased a brand new magnaflow catback from one of our sponsors here back on the 1st of june. I recived it 3 days later which was great however the exhaust was messed up. All the brackets were bent up. So I shipped it back, free of charge to me and they shipped me a new one. I received the 2nd kit yesterday. This kit is in worse conditiom than the previous one. The tail pipes are crushed, the polished muffler is scratched to hell and it didnt come with an install kit. Needless to say this one is going back tomorrow. So my question is this. Do I take a chance on having another ones sent or do I get my money back and purchase a lm2? Also, this sponsor has been so helpful.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like your just having some rotten luck. If I were you I'd see if the sponsor is willing to swap out the magnaflow for something else. Mostly because I hate how the magnaflow sounds. As far as the lm2 I like mine. It sounded very very good with stock manifolds. I will warn you it does get loud with lts and an ory. Another thing to consider is that the slp systems are extremely easy to swap out the lm muffler for something else such as a dynomax bullet, spintechs, even a magnaflow muffler.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the vendor's fault the system is getting messed up or the shipping co
If it's the vendor, get them to inspect it before it leaves if it's the shipping company then try another one or another vendor. I love my magnaflow and i've heard the loudmouth 1. If you're planning on doing any mods ie longtubes or cam the loudmouth will probably be obnoxious.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like your local UPS or who ever is hard on the parts they handle..
Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So either the vendor got a bad shipment or the shipping company is throwing it around. I would ask the vendor to inspect the system before shipping it and see what happens. I love my mangaflow so if you like the sound I would try again.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not the vendor. It's definantly a manufacturer defect. The last kit I received yesterday, the tail pipes were crushed and had splatter on them from welding the hangers. Definantly a manufacturing issue. I like how the magnalow sounds with headers but it's entirely too quiet stock, which, I currently am now. But I'm buying it for how it will sound later on after the mods I have planned. I've had a lm1 and 2, lm2 kits so I know how they sound and for the most part, horrible (to me) but it's not entirely the sound I'm concerned with. At this point it's quality. That and the fact that my car has been sitting in he garage since the 3rd of june on stands waiting for an exhaust because I chopped up the flowmaster catback and sold it. I'm just confuse and in need of advice.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

That's crazy. I wouldn't expect any defects that bad from the manufacturer. I purchased a magnaflow catback and it was perfect. I had a LM1 and after getting kooks and a cam you will wish you never bought a LM I promise (unless its a track car only).. Idk some people like the LM1 with LT's and no cats, but to me its like driving the car with open headers. I love my magnaflow
Old 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just an update. I ended up having the vendor send me another magnaflow kit. Received it 3 days later and the kit was perfect. Bolted right up and sounds amazing.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Just an update. I ended up having the vendor send me another magnaflow kit. Received it 3 days later and the kit was perfect. Bolted right up and sounds amazing.
Im glad you stuck with the magnaflow. I hate LM's