Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with QTP or Kook's inside.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with QTP or Kook's inside.

I'm leaning towards these two headers and tried to do a search but found nothing, I was wandering if these headers all bolt on or do you have to WELD the "Y" pipe to the collectors? I want to be able to swap out the ORY pipe for a catted pipe easily during emissions. NO WELDING! If not what are some good stainless steel headers and ORY pipe setup's out there that I can swap out cat's or ORY pipes? no FLP or SLP's please. Thanx in advance.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 02-27-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Both have bolt on Y's
Old 02-27-2004, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

My Kook's came with band clamps, it would be an easy swap for inspection time.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

QTPs kick ***....i am getting their race headers with High velocity merge collectors (for more power ) and yea they just bolton...
Old 02-27-2004, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool! That's what I truely wanted to hear. Thanx for the reply's.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Durien
QTPs kick ***....i am getting their race headers with High velocity merge collectors (for more power ) and yea they just bolton...
QTP's, I LIKE, Look's like they will screeeeeem!
Old 02-28-2004, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

I heard QTP's are a pain in the *** to install and the Kook's drop right in. A guy here locally has both and told me that.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I heard QTP's are a pain in the *** to install and the Kook's drop right in. A guy here locally has both and told me that.

sorry but i have to disagree with you...i seen many of them being installed and i even installed a set on my buddy's car... they were very easy to put in
Old 02-28-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Durien
sorry but i have to disagree with you...i seen many of them being installed and i even installed a set on my buddy's car... they were very easy to put in
Maybe it depends on what kind of car,fire bird or camaro and what year. I hear some had to disconnect one motor mount to slid them in. I wonder how difficult an install would be on a 01-02 camaro?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LBCSS
Maybe it depends on what kind of car,fire bird or camaro and what year. I hear some had to disconnect one motor mount to slid them in. I wonder how difficult an install would be on a 01-02 camaro?

hm.... not really...every car is different for sure... but not enough to make a huge difference... maybe he couldnt get the car off the ground high enough to make it an easy install..???

again i have seen many cars.... 99-02s camaros and birds.... with no install headaches what so ever.... i am at the track like every week and see lots of fbodys there....most of them running QTPs...and are extremely happy...soon i'll be able to join them
Old 02-28-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LBCSS
I'm leaning towards these two headers and tried to do a search but found nothing, I was wandering if these headers all bolt on or do you have to WELD the "Y" pipe to the collectors? I want to be able to swap out the ORY pipe for a catted pipe easily during emissions. NO WELDING! If not what are some good stainless steel headers and ORY pipe setup's out there that I can swap out cat's or ORY pipes? no FLP or SLP's please. Thanx in advance.
Both those headers use the slip on collector, no welding needed..BTW, I have the Kook's stepped headers, I'm pretty happy with them. I think you will be happy with either header, just go with the best deal!

Dan