LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

8 Sec. LT1 on T56 in this months GM High Tech.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 8 Sec. LT1 on T56 in this months GM High Tech.

8 Sec. LT1 on T56 in this months GM High Tech.

Awesome fugggen car!!!

Its insane that the article was only 3 page spread and didn't say much about the technicals on the T56.

Guy's name is D. Tanner or something......they do mention the 6 speed is from Liberty Gears but info was very fuggin scarce.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's Tanner, he is a moderator on here, he has been around forever, setting records with that car. He hates G-Force gears, I know that much lol.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lS1...e_gdata_player
Old 06-25-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

i cant see the vid, but is that the one he blows the clutch up and cuts the gas pedal off?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

No its taner bosnali 8 sec nitrous T56 lt1
Old 06-25-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97badass
i cant see the vid, but is that the one he blows the clutch up and cuts the gas pedal off?
What?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

I believe Taner's clutch did explode and thats what prompted a redesign in McLeod bellhousings? Either way he is the 6 speed LT1 god.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

i thought he was still running the stock housing when that happened? and he was the one who got them to make a bellhousing? either way the clutch came apart, and went throught the housing, through the car and cut the gas petal off
Old 06-25-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97badass
i thought he was still running the stock housing when that happened? and he was the one who got them to make a bellhousing? either way the clutch came apart, and went throught the housing, through the car and cut the gas petal off
yea article mentions he broke a few toes apparently during that.

A couple of years ago...i overhauled another T56 myself....I was unable to use anything from Gforce. The guys at the texas shop( that i think closed down) i bought a good kit from them. And the guys at Liberty had a reverse gear i need and a 5th gear replacement along with quite a few synchros. I remember them being extremely knowledgeable and old school sounding.

Gforce I think likes to use straight cut gears....which would require their entire replacement gears to convert to.....they also almost always use the viper mainshaft as a must do. They had no parts I could buy but really expensive setups for sale. Not to talk bad about them becuz honestly their chit looked llike the ultimate and badass chit to run...but way pricy and overkill even for my setup back then. I would have thought their stuff would be in a car like this.

Article mentions the tranny is runnning OEM internals....would u fuggin beleive???? that!!!! must be a real nice dial in...on the OEM specs and tolerances. Someone took their time.
The stuff I got from them was very moderately priced. And they even told me not to use the billet keys cuz it would chew up all the gears if it were to come out. I didnt listen.... haha but that tranny is still rippin it up in my cousins car.

Awesome acomplishment on a 6 speed. AND an LT1. I've been wanting to try to modify LS clutch slave components as well for a long time to adapt to our trannys but got away from it cuz a lot of LS owners complain they prefer the older units.

GM high tech could of ran a much bigger spread dammm it...those other repeat LS stories get boring after awhile....and screw IRS+axles i dont care if they made it out of adamantium...im not subscribing.

Last edited by License2Ill; 06-25-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd much rather have a slave cylinder where I can replace it in almost no time instead of having to pull the transmission.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speeds8erM-1
It's Taner, he is a moderator on here, he has been around forever, setting records with that car. He hates G-Force gears, I know that much lol.
yes G Force blows f'n chunks. I am gonna send them the issue and circle where i mentioned i tried 1200 hp rated aftermarket components which didn't last! they soaked me for almost 4k by the time i gave up!

thanks for the props! oh and it was 4 pages
Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taner
yes G Force blows f'n chunks. I am gonna send them the issue and circle where i mentioned i tried 1200 hp rated aftermarket components which didn't last! they soaked me for almost 4k by the time i gave up!

thanks for the props! oh and it was 4 pages
Yes pictures we have no complaints!......

Can u share with an average Joe....what Liberty primarily did to the tranny to allot for this kind of capacity? Did you guys do anything at all to create quicker shifts with the sliding mechanisms? like polishing the rails further? did you treat the metal like as in cryofreezing? or is that all just bs hoopla?
Was anything done to get more use out of 5th gear?...which on these trannys sometimes likes to be stubborn at high rpms altho u prolly dont use it all.

Awesome move pushing the stick to these times. it adds to the unique setup as well as dispels the myth that we must have autos to contend this seriously. borg warner should be sponsoring u. sux bout Gforce...they def...have some incredibly impressive phamplets/informationals...makes u want to take out a loan.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM
hashtagBMW

I love how people still don't know who Taner B is. haha. Good work duuuude!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density
I love how people still don't know who Taner B is. haha. Good work duuuude!
Taner Who?

J/K Well deserved and about time Taner!!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Taner has been not only one of the fastest but one of the types of guys that extends himself out to those that need help and or direction. Its great to see cool things happen for cool people like Taner and his crew!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks again!

you want to do what i did.... call Liberty's. You can talk to Alan (he builds my ****)
parts are mikronited. Input shaft is actually a custom piece. $800 for that alone. but it is the only thing that survives approx. 1100 fwhp.
i am a firm believer in cryo.
face plated with Liberty components. that is all this average Joe will spill to another average Joe ;0)
shifting a faceplated trans is much quicker than a synchro'ed setup. my 5th and 6th are still completely stock and synchro'ed.

please let everyone you know about how crap G-Force parts are.

peace out....

oh thanks again guys
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

A Faceplated Trans is really interesting to drive on the street..lol
Originally Posted by camar0corey
I'd much rather have a slave cylinder where I can replace it in almost no time instead of having to pull the transmission.
It doesn't take that long to yank one out..speed bleeder is a must tho..
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taner
thanks again!

you want to do what i did.... call Liberty's. You can talk to Alan (he builds my ****)
parts are mikronited. Input shaft is actually a custom piece. $800 for that alone. but it is the only thing that survives approx. 1100 fwhp.
i am a firm believer in cryo.
face plated with Liberty components. that is all this average Joe will spill to another average Joe ;0)
shifting a faceplated trans is much quicker than a synchro'ed setup. my 5th and 6th are still completely stock and synchro'ed.

please let everyone you know about how crap G-Force parts are.

peace out....

oh thanks again guys
Thanks for the info! rock on!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

congrats! Taners car is not only fast, but looks sexy too!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats man ! I think it should have been the cover car hands down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8 Sec. LT1 on T56 in this months GM High Tech.