Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone in jacksonville

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone in jacksonville

Know where I can get my car washed well, for a fair price, I live in a condo and the car wash center here blows otherwise I'd do it myself. I'm new to the area just moved here a couple weeks ago, hence the reason I'm asking, would like to take it somewhere decent or reputable.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we need more info. Where do you live in jacksonville? Do you want a brushless carwash? Hand dry car wash?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard Bubbles carwash on the corner of San Jose Blvd and Old St Augustine rd is good. But I've never took my car anywhere like that. Whats wrong with the car wash station at your apartments? What all does the carwash in apt complexes usually come with? Figured you would have to use your own carwash and sponges and stuff. As long as you have a hose and vaccum u should be good.

The way i figure, spend like 50 bucks on 2 buckets, carwash, sponges, a shammy, and some tire shine and you will be good for a year at least
Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

I've paid to have my car detailed but never hand washed.

Guess different strokes for different folks.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate going to car washes just because the water comes out too powerful and gives me a bath also (an my car doesnt even leak in a monsoon). that and i dont know what would happen to my paint at a brush carwash like carbux
Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I have always washed the car myself, I avoid machine wash. I live off of southside. The carwash in my complex is self service, and its timed for 5 minutes every dollar. Its a hassle.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah screw that I'm not having sum machine smacking the **** outta my fiberglass hood and cracking it more. I like to do all washes myself. Try and find a buddy of yours with a house and do it there
Old 06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Oh wow, that is a pain in the ***. I figured it would be free for whoever lives in the apts. Is there any spickets to hook up to on the outside of your building or in ur parking lot?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll take a look, I'm new to this area only 2 weeks here, so I don't have any buddies where I can hook a hose up to lol and wash it there.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Launching!

I think there is a brush-less car wash off of Emerson and I-95. If you're on 95North you'd turn right on emerson and it's about a mile down the road on your right (IIRC, it's been a while since I've been out there).

Bubbles car wash on San Jose is supposed to be pretty good. There are always people in there and my mom washes her Trailblazer there every now-an-then. THere's also a car wash at the Exon gas station on Sanjose (right after Claire-Lane Road, and the Walmart Supercenter near 95). I haven't used it though.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Teching In

If you live on the north side theres a car wash on lem turner by edgewood (read bad neighborhood) that does an awesome hand wash inside and out for 15 bucks, used to take my Vette there all the time

Quick Reply: Anyone in jacksonville