Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tips for aligning the exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tips for aligning the exhaust?

last night i got my long tubes on (bbk) went flawless. before i just had a magnaflow cb and i had it aligned decently. i was doing this by myself and i have about 4 hours into it. i spent probably 30 min trying to get the cb to not hit where it goes over the axel. i have about 1/2 inch between the floor board and y pipe. so anyone have some tips for getting this thing aligned so when i get to it on monday or tuesday with another person it can go a little smoother.
Thanks
btw sounds great love it!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Pics might help some! I have had various fitment issues with my Magnaflow as well. Try twisting and shifting the over axle pipe around and play around with the stock mounting bracket that it hangs from. Mine was resting on the panhard rod support beam when I first put it on, just have to play and experiment.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

i ended up having to cut and reweld the hangar on the left side to make it align properly the first time around. i think that since its been on already and the clamps tightened already its just making it harder. guess two people and some time is needed
Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Had the exact same issue with the pipes hitting over the axel. Which is why my magnaflow is not on my car anymore. Too many times undoing, redoing, blah blah blah. plus my tips were never straight and it bothered me way too much!