Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2005 GTO from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 GTO from Florida

Hi, my name's Kelli. I just recently bought my 2005 Pontiac GTO.
Before that I owned a 1999 VW Beetle for six years (was my first car,) but I finally got enough money saved up to buy a real car this time around.
I'm 21, just graduated with a B.A. from UCF in History and Magazine Journalism, and I start my M.A. at UCF in the fall for Public History.

When I bought the car a friend of mine told me that this site would "become my new best friend," so I figured I ought to introduce myself.
I've been interested in cars for quite a few years, but I'm still learning. Hopefully this site will be helpful to me.
I'm also on Race850 if any of you are from the FL panhandle region; I've known a lot of those guys since I was in high school and still go back to visit at meets a few times every year.

I also got into photography some while taking photojournalism classes in college and I have a Nikon D40 and Nikon D7000. I'm always taking pictures, and am always up for shooting cars.

The GTO itself is bone stock right now. The previous owner only put 13,000 miles on it in the six years he owned it. I replaced the rear tires yesterday and will probably look into tinting ASAP (Florida summers + leather interior, you know.) but other than that it will probably stay stock for a little while since I am still paying for school.

Here are some pics of the car, though:

(That red faded POS in the window next to it is my first car, the Bug/Bitch from Hell.)

Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome girly nice car
Old 06-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Where in FL are you from, boostcreep?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice goat! I also go to ucf I'll be a junior this year theres a couple nice goats driving around campus. do you have any plans for the car? Looks like your from niceville too? My roomates/ friends up there are all from that area nicevillle/crest view. maybe Ill see ya around campus sometime
Dan-
Old 06-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Teching In

@redbird- Yep, I was born at Eglin AFB and grew up in Niceville most my life. Who is your roommate, if I might ask? If they're a junior they should be right around my age and I might know them.
And I don't have any plans right now for the goat, but I'm sure in enough time I'll be dreaming big. I wouldn't mind replacing the exhaust with something with a little more rumble to it, but that'd probably be it for awhile until I have more income.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome to the site.Since your by Orlando you can also check out OrlandoRacingScene.com
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Well there's actually a few peopl I know from there lol. Erin Foss, Ty Dunaway, Zach Cunningham, and Aj Nardo idk if you'll know them though lol. And I'm always jealous of gto's they can actually have true dual exhaust unlike fbodys lol. I know a guy in orlando with a light blue one and the exhaust sounds awesome but he also has headers and no cats.
Dan-
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Hey hows it going Kelli?? nice GTO
Old 06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
Well there's actually a few peopl I know from there lol. Erin Foss, Ty Dunaway, Zach Cunningham, and Aj Nardo idk if you'll know them though lol. And I'm always jealous of gto's they can actually have true dual exhaust unlike fbodys lol. I know a guy in orlando with a light blue one and the exhaust sounds awesome but he also has headers and no cats.
Dan-
AJ Nardo used to run track with one of my best friends in high school, Mychal McLean (who is now at UF) and he was in some of my science classes I think in middle school.
Ty Dunaway sounds familiar, too. I think he is dating a girl who went to Collegiate HS with me.
I haven't seen those guys since I graduated, I had no idea they were in Orlando.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the gto community!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Teching In

thanks everyone
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Veteran

ya it seems like there are a lot of people there from that area. Also I forgot, Brian Orta, (now goes to UF) and Brian Alternbernd? LOL just a couple more names I thought of oh and btw Ty used to go out with Fawn Bolak iirc.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
ya it seems like there are a lot of people there from that area. Also I forgot, Brian Orta, (now goes to UF) and Brian Alternbernd? LOL just a couple more names I thought of oh and btw Ty used to go out with Fawn Bolak iirc.
Haha, Brian Orta was on yearbook staff with me in middle school.
Man, talk about a blast from the past.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Damm sweet goat and i bet its a whole different world hopping from that bug onto the goat, congrats on the new ride and of course always love to see a girl behind a muscle car, great meeting you and you get my two thumbs up all the way out here from San Jose CA.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by half/breed89lx
i bet its a whole different world hopping from that bug onto the goat,
You have no idea! Haha.
The transmission on the bug was starting to slip and a couple months ago I had to replace the AC Compressor, only to find a small coolant leak under the compressor.
That was about the time I figured the cost of repairing that POS was far too much.

The goat has been a dream so far!
Makes me feel spoiled as hell to have not only ACTUAL cold A/C and a car that starts on the first turn over, but also the power, torque and sound of the dual exhaust on the GTO.
I'm highly considering just living in my car now.

And thanks for the welcome.
Everyone here seems really cool and chill.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kelli-leigh-o
Haha, Brian Orta was on yearbook staff with me in middle school.
Man, talk about a blast from the past.
Ya weird how that works out sometimes lol if I see your goat around campus I'll be sure to say hey.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

I've got to get you to come clean mine like that lol!!

From one newb to another, welcome!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the GTO crowd!! Do get your windows tinted! Especially here in FL. The rear seat seams like to split. So until you get it tinted I would suggest put a ton of leather conditioner on your seats especially the top of the back seats & headrests. That will save yourself a big headache. Even with my tinted windows and conditioned seats put a towels over my rear seats during the summer time for just added bit of security.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Teching In

04GTODKH- Thanks for the advice! I know a lot of people told me to condition the leather, but I appreciate the specifics. Definitely good to know!
I wasn't planning to get it tinted right away, but I'm driving 6.5 hrs home Friday and my parents offered to chip in on tinting as a belated birthday gift.
Would you happen to know the legal limit in FL? I think I remember 5% being it, but I wanted to double check before I get anything done.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kelli-leigh-o
04GTODKH- Thanks for the advice! I know a lot of people told me to condition the leather, but I appreciate the specifics. Definitely good to know!
I wasn't planning to get it tinted right away, but I'm driving 6.5 hrs home Friday and my parents offered to chip in on tinting as a belated birthday gift.
Would you happen to know the legal limit in FL? I think I remember 5% being it, but I wanted to double check before I get anything done.
Nope sorry I wish we could go that dark lol. Heres the law in FL http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/FL/