Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victor Jr. EFI Intake or LS6???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victor Jr. EFI Intake or LS6???

I've been looking at getting a victor jr intake and elbow. Does anybody have a victor jr intake or know if it has any decent gains over a LS6 intake and p&p throttle body? I have a cam/nitrous set up. Any help, opinions, or advise is greatly appericiated!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody know much about the victor jr intakes, good or bad??
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Teching In

1-9 Manchus
Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the vic jr might offer a better spray if you utilized a perimeter plate setup or something. that is unless you're using a dp setup, then well...you know the answer to that.

what kind of rpm are you seeing? are you planning on some sort of elbow setup? what tb for it?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s346k
i think the vic jr might offer a better spray if you utilized a perimeter plate setup or something. that is unless you're using a dp setup, then well...you know the answer to that.

what kind of rpm are you seeing? are you planning on some sort of elbow setup? what tb for it?
Well I'm up in the air between getting a low profile elbow with a 90mm tb or just getting an accufab 4 barrel throttlebody and mounting that right on top of the victor jr. I've heard from a few people that the elbow's are pretty restrictive though, especially a low profile elbow.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed a fast 102mm intake for a vic jr and low elbow to clear the hood. I gained 10hp and the motor pulled higher. However,my boy who i could pull in a race was now out pulling me due to the low mid tq i lost over the stock style intake. I lost a lot of low tq and 12 peak tq over all. I went back to a fast intake and had it ported by mammo for better gains. I would say get a fast intake and port it for bettr gains and over all power you can use. just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. EFI Intake or LS6???