Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to build a reliable nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default looking to build a reliable nitrous setup

396 lt1, eagle forged crank, h beams, srp forged pistons, rings gapped for nitrous, afr 195cc, custom cam, stock lt4 intake

this car is my daily driver. im almost ready to start spraying but iv got a few questions.

what is the benifit of running 2 bottles?
how do i know when to stop jetting up?
how bad would it be to run a 200 shot on 93 octane?

i plan on running a nitrous outlet lt1 specific kit with a digital 6, window switch, fpss, a/f gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and a bottle heater. this setup sound good for a 200 shot?
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by ElkySS
396 lt1, eagle forged crank, h beams, srp forged pistons, rings gapped for nitrous, afr 195cc, custom cam, stock lt4 intake

this car is my daily driver. im almost ready to start spraying but iv got a few questions.

what is the benifit of running 2 bottles?
how do i know when to stop jetting up?
how bad would it be to run a 200 shot on 93 octane?

i plan on running a nitrous outlet lt1 specific kit with a digital 6, window switch, fpss, a/f gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and a bottle heater. this setup sound good for a 200 shot?
I would add a Nitrous filter to the list for a little extra safety.

Two bottles helps with two things. It helps fight some of the pressure drop by increasing the overall volume of nitrous you have. The other is that you will have more nitrous to spray and be able to make more passes before you have to refill.

Are you asking as far as the total amount of nitrous your spraying?

200hp can be done on straight pump gas. It is the point where a standalone can really make a good bit of difference in both power and added safety margin. The ability to make fine tuning with pressure and also having some extra octane to help with the variables that go into pump gas can be a nice feature on a street car. Standalone's definitely add some cost to the system so you will need to decide if it is justifiable on your vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

i see ppl spraying under 150 with 2 bottles and couldnt figure out why. ill probably get a standalone in the future but it wont be anytime soon, im workin with a tight budget.

how necessary is an msd box?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

how do i know how much is too much?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

i see ppl spraying under 150 with 2 bottles and couldnt figure out why. ill probably get a standalone in the future but it wont be anytime soon, im workin with a tight budget.

how necessary is an msd box?
Not sure what you mean necessary? It is nice to have on them anyway to help with the ignition. Otherwise you will need to pull the timing in the tune.

how do i know how much is too much?
That is really a question for the engine builder and tuner. It is going to vary with bottom end parts and how they were installed. You also have to have the tuning ability and capability for that size shot as well. There is not some specific number by any means. That motor will handle a 200hp without a problem at all.

Quick Reply: looking to build a reliable nitrous setup