Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog light wiring help!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light wiring help!!!

ok everybody i have a 2001 camaro i know the fog lights are usually purple and black but i am very confused because the 2 wire in my right fog light (facing the car) is red with of course the black ground and the left side wires where ripped out when i got it .. so i am very lost !!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

What is the question? It sounds like a previous owner has butchered the fog light wiring for whatever reason and you will have to do some tracing to find the original wires. The wiring runs from the fog light relay in the junction box on the left fender liner (BTW, left and right is always determined from the driver's seat) to the fog lights. If you start there, you should be able to find where the wires have been cut.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
What is the question? It sounds like a previous owner has butchered the fog light wiring for whatever reason and you will have to do some tracing to find the original wires. The wiring runs from the fog light relay in the junction box on the left fender liner (BTW, left and right is always determined from the driver's seat) to the fog lights. If you start there, you should be able to find where the wires have been cut.
ok well its the left side and do you know if they solde the 2001 without fog lights because he tryed to use speaker wire as wires which FRYED!!! but they where connected to the yellow wire coming from the fog switch
Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Check your options sticker for code T96. If the code is there then your car came with fog lights from the factory.

I suspect it didn't because the wiring should not go directly from the switch to the lights. It should go through the fog light relay under the hood.

Search this Thread