General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

loud squeeks on hot days

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud squeeks on hot days

If the outdoor temp gets over 85 degrees my car squeaks obnoxiously. Every bump is this loud terrible noise. As the out door temp cools the noise goes away. Is it rubber bushings? Any idea on a fix so I dont have to be embarassed?
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine were the front and rear sway bar bushings, on a hot day when the car ran for a while they would squeak bad. Hitting them with WD40 and then white lithium grease was only a temporary fix. Once I replaced them, and the endlinks, with poly ones (energy suspension) the noise went away. I got greasable ones on the rear, unfortunatly I couldn't find greasables for the front.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 AM

Does that noise come from the front driver's side and sound like a 500lb couple having sex on an old worn out spring mattress? Seriously, no pun intented. I have the same noise and if it really is the sway bar bushings I am going to have them replaced ASAP. Did you alread replace yours and did the noise go away?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

I'm having the same problem i tried the lithium grease helped mine but its only a weekend driven car not daily driver
Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Just curious what did it cost to change them
Old 07-12-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Caelynne67
Does that noise come from the front driver's side and sound like a 500lb couple having sex on an old worn out spring mattress? Seriously, no pun intented. I have the same noise and if it really is the sway bar bushings I am going to have them replaced ASAP. Did you alread replace yours and did the noise go away?
I had that noise from the front and rear. I cleaned and lubed the stock bushings and where they contact the bar and that worked for a short time. The noise returned in the front first and I got fed up with it and replaced all the bushing with poly ones. I used the grease that comes with them and there's been no more squeaks; even when it's 100° and the car has been driven a lot.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've found that poly squeaks when it's cold.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

I had a similar squeak that got worse every year. Finally I tightened my exhaust bolts on the right side of my y and the squeak is gone.