Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Modding Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Modding Advice

Hey, as of now im kind of stuck as to what my next round of mods should be my long term plans for the car puts it in to the 10’s as a show\ street drag car. On my current budget I can probably pull about 3-4k a year for the car… I was thinking my next mods should be the tranny but im not too sure if id benefit more form a head and cap package… the route I was planning on taking was torque converter , kit, larger cooler, then new hood then headers then a new rear end and drive shaft, then head n cap package or a 382 stroker package (or iron block with power adder) the problem I run into with this plan is when I get to the tranny it seems there is not good stopping point by this I mean that it seems like there is just a whole bunch of crap to replace and if ya just try to squeak it by with a kit and tc and cooler then when you delete torque management your goanna run in to longevity problems which seems to be not only dangerous (possible wreck) but will cause you to ruin other parts (torque converter) that didn’t need replacing if bits of your mashed tranny didn’t happen to cause them to malfunction… so one might say well that’s right so to do it right just rip the ****** out and replace it all but how much will that cost I see hi-po rebuilds run for like 2k but does this include the tuning and torque converter… ???? What’s the best way to go on this one im looking to build something that can regularly handle 600+hp because im regularly on top of my car and id don’t want to have to worry about it if I take this step …..

Last edited by Jpr5690; 02-28-2004 at 02:22 PM.