Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing on the motor must be off

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default timing on the motor must be off

alright it takes a good few times to get my car started, like maybe 4 or 5 times. and when it does start it doesnt kick up right away like it should, it stays bogged down like it is going to die and then after a minute it will idle jus fine. every single time i try to start the dang car. and also when i take off i can feel it holding back like theres no power. so im sure the timing is off on the motor.. but how can i fix this myself without taking it to someone and pay money? thanks guys!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well has the car been tuned? Commanded Timing can't really magically change by itself. Now, parts can fail and cause problems with timing, but the timing in the tune isn't going to just change itself without someone tampering with it. No check engine light? No codes? I think you might have a slightly different problem than timing.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

yeah wellthe battery wa dry, i didnt replace it, i added distilled water to try to get me by till i buy a new battery because im broke for another week, i checked the plugs and wire the second left bank side off of the coil was half way on, so the plugged prob could foul out and now maybe change my whole plugs and wires to see where that gets me? because right now the battery is holding a charge..