LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tuned by Trifecta Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned by Trifecta Performance!

I just had my 2008 Impala SS tuned this past week by Vince at Trifecta Performance. For those of you, like me, who can't get a lew tune because diablo doesn't support us and don't want to settle for the superchips route, I gotta tell you , this is the way to go!

Trifecta Performane specializes in remote tuning. Vince did the same things to my car that anybody else would do (optimize fuel and timing, rev limiter, shift points, shift pressure, speed limiter removed, torque management, etc, etc.) but he has the added benefit of being able to fine-tune a car via datalogs.

The way this works is Vince sends you an interface cable that hooks up to your laptop. He gives you the links for the software, and then sends you a custom base line tune. After the tune is installed, you run data logs for him using the same software. After you email thes logs back to him, he analyzes the data and sends you another tune. Rinse and repeat until you and Vince are both satisfied!

I have to say the process was extremely simple, and the customer service from Vince is second to none! He answered all my question promptly, and sent me a total of 4 tunes all in one day until he felt that he had everything dialed in just right. I have no other mods on my car at the moment, but the difference is AMAZING! I have mildly modified a 3800 s/c buick regal, and all the parts i put on it did not come close to changing the performance of it as Vince has done for my Impala with just a tune.

If you have been wanting a tune, I strongly recommend giving Vince a chance. Google Trifecta Performance and send him an email! The tune was $300, and the deposit on the interface cable was $200 (which you can either send back for your deposit or keep it). Well spent $ in IMO!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I can definitely vouch for Vince and Trifecta as well. I used them back when i still owned my 09 G5. Was amazing service and performance. I can't wait to get it done to my Grand Prix GXP
Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

vince, personally tuned my car when it was stock. he used the dyno.
went from 238-256whp.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good to hear. i have been looking around for tunes for my 2007 MC SS. i will have to get ahold of him sometime soon
Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Location: Origionally-Winnipeg Manitoba, Currently-Fort McMurray Alberta

I know that the purpose of a tune is to get HP/better performance, but i'm curious... how does it affect your MPG in your impala?

if you wanted could you switch back and forth between stock tune and performance tune as much as you wanted?

(still really new to this ECU/TCU tuning stuff..)
Old 07-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lunchbox_89
I know that the purpose of a tune is to get HP/better performance, but i'm curious... how does it affect your MPG in your impala?

if you wanted could you switch back and forth between stock tune and performance tune as much as you wanted?

(still really new to this ECU/TCU tuning stuff..)
i optioned to have the dod/afm turned off in my car, so i may have lost 1 mpg overall (plus the mpg's i'm losing because i can't keep my foot out of the accelerator)
i can switch back to the stock tune at any time, i have it saved on my laptop.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redeemedtat2
i optioned to have the dod/afm turned off in my car, so i may have lost 1 mpg overall (plus the mpg's i'm losing because i can't keep my foot out of the accelerator)
i can switch back to the stock tune at any time, i have it saved on my laptop.
any idea of what your hp and tq gains are with the tune?

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 07-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Have a trifecta tune aswell. Great performance gains for the price but I loved how the transmission woke up after just the baseline was flashed over!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
any idea of what your hp and tq gains are with the tune?
vince at trifecta says his average with ls4 motors is 15-20 hp & tq.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redeemedtat2
vince at trifecta says his average with ls4 motors is 15-20 hp & tq.
i will have to get ahold of them sometime and get one for my car

Quick Reply: Tuned by Trifecta Performance!