Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and fuel pressure reg question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous and fuel pressure reg question

I have a nx direct port and thought it would be a good idea to run 2 fpr one for the engine and one for the nitrous... Anyone have a drawing or picture of there set up?....my fuel system now is a -10 to a y block then -8 to the back of both rails and then both rails return to the fpr .... So how / where would I hook up the 2nd fpr for the nitrous fuel???

Thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

my opinion would be to run one line to the rail, and jump it to the other side, and then run the other fpr off the other #8. Stand alone would be way safer
Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Standalone would be safer if I didn't have enough fuel ... I have a exturnal pump that I think will supply both the engine and nitrous pretty well
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

you can also run alot higher octane in the standalone, and depending on how much your gonna shoot, hope it doesnt drain the line. GL
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Launching!

The car will run on good gas all the time ... Well see how it gos I'll let u know
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can run it just as stated above by jumping the rails and using the secondary off of the y block to feed the second regulator, however you need to make sure that you have a sufficient fuel system to support the combo. With that being said, I too, think it would be a good idea to run a standalone system as well.

If you have any specific questions, shoot me an email at clay@nitrousexpress.com
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by konceptracin
I have a nx direct port and thought it would be a good idea to run 2 fpr one for the engine and one for the nitrous... Anyone have a drawing or picture of there set up?....my fuel system now is a -10 to a y block then -8 to the back of both rails and then both rails return to the fpr .... So how / where would I hook up the 2nd fpr for the nitrous fuel???

Thanks
What Fuel Pump?

High or Low pressure on the car?

Last edited by Graham@NitrousOutlet; 06-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Im not buying a standalone....the fuel pump is a magna fuel MP-4301 heres the details on it....if this pump cant support my engine and a direct port im gonna part out my car....lol http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4301.htm
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through this same thing a while back. I wanted to set my directport up on low pressure and the car is on high pressure. I have a 2500 hp capable Weldon fuel pump. So I talk to Weldon and Aeromotive since I use aeromotive fuel rails.

From my understanding you can not split off the main line to two different regulators with one high and one low. The reason why is that the lowest setting is going to set the flowing pressure. In another words the two regulators would be fighting them selfs.

Basically the idea way would be a seperate fuel pump and regulator for the directport...

BUT.... What I ended up doing was taking the return out of the high pressure regulator and feeding a aeromotove 13301 regulator set at low pressure and then returning back to the tank. My theory was that I was only making about 480 on motor and I was only spraying 300 -400 so i should not even be using half of the flowing fuel from the pump.

I honestly think this would work. Unfortintly after I got the car fired up the motor had some issues and its now apart. It was the motor that was in the car when I bought it. So I cant back up my thought process. I have not tried it yet.

Dave