a good one

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a good one

Just had two pay this company a compliment,
Moates.Net
Craig moates sell s allot of electronic do dads ,take a minute and see!!
I purchased a AFR gauge a few years back called a O-METER(only real non pillar option for c5).after a while it was sent back < operator error? He just gave me a new one without any trouble. After the car came back from the tuners in January it had stopped working
so i sent him the lc1 and o-meter and asked him to sort it out.In the mean time a bought the AEM dual channel wide-band and he told me about the O-GAUGE and that it would display both o2 sensors.I just recieved the ups box and it has All three ,lc1 with sensor,o-meter and the dual channel O-gauge.
Get this ,a zero balance invoice!!!!!!!
Not even a postal bill

i know he had to send the LC-1 off to innovate.
I live in an area where there is nothing for service ,installation or even parts for my car.I have to read what is said here and buy the solution on line.The other side of the coin is Mcloed,
i have the original borg and beck 1200 hp kit .After the motor rebuild it was inspected by their rep here and installed to spec with the sims they charged me for.After 23 dyno pulls(maf ,2 bar progressive meth tune) and a 600 mile drive home, a bit of hard street tweaking too. It slips in 3rd and forth.First i was told to install a adjustable master(went with TICK,works),now They are telling me i needed the ceramic discs not the organic and just send it back for the 600.00 dollar upgrade and problem solved.
What about telling me all this before i bought it in the first place?
Point being moates is the way it is supposed to be,like the old days when you were the customer and your satisfaction was paramount to the companies survival.
now a days you can rip off a guy and come back as another name and a repackaging, sell the same crap to him again.
Not saying McLeod is doing it but you get my meaning.

hope this does'nt break any forum rule about tooting a horn for someone that does not pay a fee
i am afraid to put up a link in fear it will be taken down.

mike in Mobile
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Craig is from the old school where the custermer really does come fist
I boughten plenty from him over the years, includimg one of his roadrunner pcm's and if you have a problem or just a question, if he doesn't pick up he's great about calling back, unlike spme venders, including a few sponsors that don't even have a number for you to call

He give as great suppprt on the prpducts he just sells as the ones he designs and builds
Old 06-30-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent post