Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me make a grocery list!!! 4l60e build

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help me make a grocery list!!! 4l60e build

i'm looking for a good list of parts for my 4l60e trans build. what have you all had good results with? i want to build a 60e that will hold 500-550hp without a hiccup. thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

again? Seems we get these threads every week.

If you don't know what parts should be going into it, then you probably aren't qualified to build it

Call Dana at ProBuilt if you are willing to test your luck as a builder.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

i'm asking for a list of parts that are decent for a 4l60e. your saying this makes me incompetent? the point is to save on the cost of the build knowing that i CAN build a trans. i thought this would be a fun thread to see what other members are using and how it's holding up. thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
i'm asking for a list of parts that are decent for a 4l60e. your saying this makes me incompetent?
Well yeah, kinda. It would be like asking which tools to use for an open heart surgery. If you don't know maybe you should step away from the operating table.....Get the chip off your shoulder dude. I'm being realistic with you. I did not tell my tranny builder what to put in my trans, I told him what I was going to do with my trans and he built me a trans that would live under those conditions. I didn't nitpick his part list, after all thats what I am paying him for...NOT the fact that he can assemble a trans, but the fact that he knows exactly what combination of parts will make a strong tranny. Look, I'm not discouraging you, like I said call Dana and tell him what you want to do and he will put together the whole setup for you. From what I hear, he is top notch. Thats your best bet IMO.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Well yeah, kinda. It would be like asking which tools to use for an open heart surgery. If you don't know maybe you should step away from the operating table.....Get the chip off your shoulder dude. I'm being realistic with you. I did not tell my tranny builder what to put in my trans, I told him what I was going to do with my trans and he built me a trans that would live under those conditions. I didn't nitpick his part list, after all thats what I am paying him for...NOT the fact that he can assemble a trans, but the fact that he knows exactly what combination of parts will make a strong tranny. Look, I'm not discouraging you, like I said call Dana and tell him what you want to do and he will put together the whole setup for you. From what I hear, he is top notch. Thats your best bet IMO.
chip on my shoulder? you seem to have entered this thread with one on yours. thanks for pointing me in the direction of Dana though.

Quick Reply: help me make a grocery list!!! 4l60e build