Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Does anyone here own or work for a Foreclosure Cleanup company?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Question Does anyone here own or work for a Foreclosure Cleanup company?

I was thinking of starting a Foreclosure Cleanup business since it seems to be a very lucrative industry. I've tried to google for info, but I keep getting all the bullshit sites that try to sell you a Business In a Box.

Does anyone here do this type of work? I'd like to know the details(pricing, licensing, contracts, etc) of what it takes. Plus I'd like to know how much youre making lol...
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW...! I was hoping to get some type of response from someone in the field.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know several people that do things like that. Do you have any experience with renovation?

There is a lot of money to be made, and a lot of money to be lost if you don't know what you are doing.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not looking for the crazy stuff. I just want the cut the grass, change locks, or drive around and take pics, basically the PRE-Foreclosure and simple maintenance stuff.

I've been talking to Ruthless on the main chat forum and he's been giving some good info. He only does the Pre-Foreclosure stuff like I mentioned above, but mainly focuses on the Driving around to assess whether or not the house is occupied or abandoned. The thing is, he's in Texas and I was hoping to at least find someone here that does it.

Here's the other thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...p-company.html
Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about buying and flipping houses. Iv never even heard about what that guy does. Very Interesting.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Oh I see, I thought you were talking about buying and flipping houses. Iv never even heard about what that guy does. Very Interesting.
Yeah there's a **** ton of money to be made in this foreclosure cleanup thing. Sad really because you're making money off someone else misfortune, but in the end it's a job that must be done and my pockets are too deep and too empty to walk away from the $$$ that is to be made.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting. I was recently laid off and could do something like this.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My future father in law does this he has always done home repair and when all the foreclosures started his realtors started asking him to do clean outs. This has become his primary business now he goes in and takes everything out of the house and then his wife and other daughter go and clean the house. He also takes care of the yard to but only does the initial cuts. he usually makes about 3-400 on just the clean it self about another 100 on the yard and not sure about trash out but it all depends how much stuff has to be taken out and how much cleaning is needed. you find quite a bit of good stuff in the houses too lots of electronics. anyways I would say get in with a few realtors and they should keep you pretty busy.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I work for Servpro, and we do property cleanups to go on the markets and some forclosure homes. but we mostly do interior and carpet/tile cleaning. I did have a friend who did exactly what you said and he hated it. he was driving to up to 60 houses a day, and putting over 100 miles a day on his own vehicle, using his own gas to do it. in the end, he didn't make much doing it
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badhombre
I work for Servpro, and we do property cleanups to go on the markets and some forclosure homes. but we mostly do interior and carpet/tile cleaning. I did have a friend who did exactly what you said and he hated it. he was driving to up to 60 houses a day, and putting over 100 miles a day on his own vehicle, using his own gas to do it. in the end, he didn't make much doing it
Well I'm in college so something like this would be cake to do, plus I have a Geo Metro and it get 45+ MPG BABY

What area did you buddy do this in? How much did he get per house? I've been talking with Ruthless Robbie about this and he get $2 a house and dues about 150 a day, but he's in Texas. All he does is drive by and assess if the house is still occupied and takes a few pics. Not bad for $300 a day
Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah that was pretty much the same thing my buddy did. not sure what he got paid to do it though. but he had all of polk county, so he had a large area to cover. plus he was driving an 08 silverado so it wasn't real great on gas. I will talk to him more about it and see what he suggests about it. it may work better for you because he has new vehicles, owns his house, and has a kid so his expenses are probably much higher than yours also
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badhombre
yeah that was pretty much the same thing my buddy did. not sure what he got paid to do it though. but he had all of polk county, so he had a large area to cover. plus he was driving an 08 silverado so it wasn't real great on gas. I will talk to him more about it and see what he suggests about it. it may work better for you because he has new vehicles, owns his house, and has a kid so his expenses are probably much higher than yours also
Bad *** man, thanks for looking in to it for me!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone here own or work for a Foreclosure Cleanup company?