LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

"My car hates me" saga continues--more trans issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "My car hates me" saga continues--more trans issues

on my way back to WI from Dearborn yesterday, I got caught in 2 hours of stop-and-go traffic. After I finally got out of it, my car decided it no longer wanted to downshift on moderate tip-in. For the rest of the ride, it took a LOT more throttle input to actually trigger a downshift than it did before. It also usually used to downshift when I was accelerating with cruise control, but after I got through Chicago it didn't do that anymore. This transmission just got rebuilt last summer. Any idea what the heck is going on?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I took the car to the shop that did the rebuild. No fluid issues, no codes. The guy said he "couldn't replicate the problem," which is BS because if he had driven the car before and after it started acting up, it would be a night and day difference. Also, idk if I mentioned this before, but sometimes in stop-and-go traffic when I actually start building some speed, the car sort of "hiccups," like it decides to downshift and suddenly says "just kidding." Something the trans guy said is it may be the throttle position sensor. Does that sound feasible?