Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

replacing stock monsoon help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy replacing stock monsoon help!

alright guys, i tried reading the stickys for help and info on this but doesnt quite seem to help.
2002 camaro with monsoon. replacing with pioneer HU and 4 pioneer 3-ways.

i am replacing the stock HU, door speakers, and rear sails. i have the HU wired up, (havent replaced any speakers yet, and the stock speakers are working fine with the HU)
but i go to replace the LR speaker, wire it up, and i get mostly white noise. yes, i tried swapping the wires to make sure i didnt have the crossed.
i have no idea what i need to do to make this happen. do i need to bypass amp? if so how do i do this?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a ridiculous amount of info on the speakers that go in your car on this site.

The head unit upgrade is easy and a good one. You have that right!
The speakers you have are completely wrong and will not work with the system you have. That is why you have no sound or very little. There is no way you could have correctly wired those speakers into the stock system in your car in any place in it. There are 4 wires (2 pairs) in your doors and you have 1 pos and 1 neg on your replacement 3-way....how did you wire that up? Those are probably not going to be able to be used with that just going from experience.
The rear sail panels are subwoofers. They are not regular full range speakers so you cannot replace them with full range speakers as you will not get anything but bass from that location as dictated by the stock amp. The speakers you have will produce very little bass if any as they are not designed for that.
You don't need to bypass the amp you need to buy the right speakers. The right speakers in the right places and this will sound great. The wrong speakers wired into the system will sound like what you have currently. The speakers in these cars are specific and wired a certain way to work with the stock amp.
All of this info is in the FAQ's and on several threads here. I specialize in F-Bodys and have owned several. I also offer packages that have the correct speakers for upgrading these cars the right way that work with the stock system.