Problems Continue!! Help. Stuttering, missing, Idle dropping

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Continue!! Help. Stuttering, missing, Idle dropping

So here is my other thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...174-p0300.html

Shouldnt have spoke too soon, after about 40 miles of driving I heard the first backfire, then it just gets worse! This is insane.

The car sounds like its missing, it smells super rich, and really stutters in the lower RPMs. I need some help.

The issue that made me realize it was not right is when I am cruising and push the clutch in, the RMPs drop to 400-500 or so and the car really bogs down.

No SES light yet, so nothing to scan from it. Is this classic vacuum leak? Where it seems fine and the more I drive it, it is just getting worse? Why are the RMPs falling?

I would appreciate any help.

*Here is my other thought, would my O2 sensor be ruined from driving with it running super rich for about 50 miles before when the wires melted? What can I start replacing? Would a bad O2 make my RPMs fall like that? Is is choking in gas?

Any common places to look for a vac leak on a 2002 that has the LS6 intake and AIR system. All mods in sig.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna suck it up and change the O2 sensor, maybe change the plugs if they are black again....ugh.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a scan.......that will tell you if the 02 sensors are good. I don't mean a code scanner....an OBDII scanner at the dealership. Failing 02 sensors don't throw codes till they're pretty bad.