Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Question Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside

Like the title says, anyone knows what model it is?
The flywheel is heavy as hell, around 50lbs LOL its an old model, 6 years old at least..it started to slip recently on the juice. There is no part number on anything.Is the flywheel still good too, after resurfacing?
Attached Thumbnails Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside-clutch-spec-1.jpg   Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside-clutch-spec-2.jpg   Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside-clutch-spec-3.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stage 3.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Like the title says, anyone knows what model it is?
The flywheel is heavy as hell, around 50lbs LOL its an old model, 6 years old at least..it started to slip recently on the juice. There is no part number on anything.Is the flywheel still good too, after resurfacing?

Yup, +1 on the stage 3. Regarding the flywheel, generally, they can be cleaned up (re-surfaced) once. As long as, it's not much under the manufacturer's minimum thickness, it's good. Just, don't ask me the minimum thickness, 'cuz I don't remember. FYI, I've gone .030" under minimum thickness without any flywheel flex issues on 500+ BHP. If you do this make sure to have an adjustable clutch master cylinder or use a flywheel spacer to make up the difference (point being, don't do something like this (under min. specification) blindly).

On spray, you'll want to go w/ a full clutch disk like a 3+; more surface area. Spec can tell you the best recommendation based on your BHP while using spray.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by thesource
Stage 3.
ok good

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Yup, +1 on the stage 3. Regarding the flywheel, generally, they can be cleaned up (re-surfaced) once. As long as, it's not much under the manufacturer's minimum thickness, it's good. Just, don't ask me the minimum thickness, 'cuz I don't remember. FYI, I've gone .030" under minimum thickness without any flywheel flex issues on 500+ BHP. If you do this make sure to have an adjustable clutch master cylinder or use a flywheel spacer to make up the difference (point being, don't do something like this (under min. specification) blindly).

On spray, you'll want to go w/ a full clutch disk like a 3+; more surface area. Spec can tell you the best recommendation based on your BHP while using spray.
thanks buddy for the info;I was going to check for shimming anyway I was thinking about a LS7 clutch lately for the price and cause my car only sees roll racing and very occasional spray. Plus, I would have a more streetable clutch..but I'm leaning toward a Spec 3 again or a Monster.

I called Spec and they suggest me a Spec 3+ but its outta my price range, unless if I reuse my flywheel..
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a Spec 3 for a couple of years and I'm going to an ls7. My friends run ls7's and I LOVE the feel of them. It'll hold 525rwhp safely with limited track use; why not have a comfortable pedal too? lol
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call and we'll go over some Monster Clutch options with you.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Ls7 will not hold 500+rwhp or spray well.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Ls7 will not hold 500+rwhp or spray well.

Quick Reply: Removed my burned Spec clutch; which stage it is? pic inside